Terms and Conditions
The following Terms and Conditions apply to the use of this Web site as well as all transactions conducted through the site.
These terms and conditions apply between you, the User of this Website (including any sub-domains, unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions), and Hitachi High-Tech Analytical Science Limited, the owner and operator of this Website. Please read these terms and conditions carefully, as they affect your legal rights. Your agreement to comply with and be bound by these terms and conditions is deemed to occur upon your first use of the Website. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, you should stop using the Website immediately.
In these terms and conditions, User or Users means any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Hitachi High-Tech Analytical Science Limited and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Hitachi High-Tech Analytical Science Limited and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services.
You must be at least 18 years of age to use this Website. By using the Website and agreeing to these terms and conditions, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age.
Intellectual property and acceptable use
- All Content included on the Website, unless uploaded by Users, is the property of Hitachi High-Tech Analytical Science Limited, our affiliates or other relevant third parties. In these terms and conditions, Content means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations, page layout, underlying code, and software and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Website, including any such content uploaded by Users. By continuing to use the Website, you acknowledge that such Content is protected by copyright, trademarks, database rights, and other intellectual property rights. Nothing on this site shall be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark, logo, or service mark displayed on the site without the owner's prior written permission
- You may, for your own personal, non-commercial use only, do the following:
- retrieve, display, and view the Content on a computer screen
- download and store the Content in electronic form on a disk (but not on any server or other storage device connected to a network)
- print one copy of the Content
- You must not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy, distribute, or use for commercial purposes any Content without the written permission of Hitachi High-Tech Analytical Science Limited.
- You acknowledge that you are responsible for any Content you may submit via the Website, including the legality, reliability, appropriateness, originality, and copyright of any such Content. You may not upload to, distribute, or otherwise publish through the Website any Content that (i) is confidential, proprietary, false, fraudulent, libellous, defamatory, obscene, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, infringing on intellectual property rights, abusive, illegal, or otherwise objectionable; (ii) may constitute or encourage a criminal offence, violate the rights of any party or otherwise give rise to liability or violate any law; or (iii) may contain software viruses, political campaigning, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of "spam." You may not use a false email address or other identifying information, impersonate any person or entity or otherwise mislead as to the origin of any content. You may not upload commercial content onto the Website.
- You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all the rights to the Content you post; that the Content is accurate; that use of the Content you supply does not violate any provision of these terms and conditions and will not cause injury to any person; and that you will indemnify Hitachi High-Tech Analytical Science Limited for all claims resulting from Content you supply.
- You may not use the Website for any of the following purposes:
- in any way which causes, or may cause, damage to the Website or interferes with any other person's use or enjoyment of the Website;
- in any way which is harmful, unlawful, illegal, abusive, harassing, threatening, or otherwise objectionable or in breach of any applicable law, regulation, governmental order;
- making, transmitting, or storing electronic copies of Content protected by copyright without the permission of the owner.
Links to other websites
- This Website may contain links to other sites. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under the control of Hitachi High-Tech Analytical Science Limited or that of our affiliates.
- We assume no responsibility for the content of such Websites and disclaim liability for any and all forms of loss or damage arising out of the use of them.
- The inclusion of a link to another site on this Website does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them.
Availability of the Website and disclaimers
- Any online facilities, tools, services, or information that Hitachi High-Tech Analytical Science Limited makes available through the Website (the Service) is provided "as is" and on an "as available" basis. We give no warranty that the Service will be free of defects and/or faults. To the maximum extent permitted by the law, we provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of information, compatibility, and satisfactory quality. Hitachi High-Tech Analytical Science Limited is under no obligation to update information on the Website.
- Whilst Hitachi High-Tech Analytical Science Limited uses reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Website is secure and free of errors, viruses, and other malware, we give no warranty or guaranty in that regard and all Users take responsibility for their own security, that of their personal details and their computers.
- Hitachi High-Tech Analytical Science Limited accepts no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Website.
- Hitachi High-Tech Analytical Science Limited reserves the right to alter, suspend, or discontinue any part (or the whole of) the Website including, but not limited to, any products and/or services available. These terms and conditions shall continue to apply to any modified version of the Website unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
Limitation of liability
- Nothing in these terms and conditions will: (a) limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from our or your negligence, as applicable; (b) limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or (c) limit or exclude any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of events beyond our reasonable control.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, Hitachi High-Tech Analytical Science Limited accepts no liability for any of the following:
- any business losses, such as loss of profits, income, revenue, anticipated savings, business, contracts, goodwill, or commercial opportunities;
- loss or corruption of any data, database, or software;
- any special, indirect, or consequential loss or damage.
- You may not transfer any of your rights under these terms and conditions to any other person. We may transfer our rights under these terms and conditions where we reasonably believe your rights will not be affected.
- These terms and conditions may be varied by us from time to time. Such revised terms will apply to the Website from the date of publication. Users should check the terms and conditions regularly to ensure familiarity with the then current version.
- The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to these terms and conditions and no third party will have any right to enforce or rely on any provision of these terms and conditions.
- If any court or competent authority finds that any provision of these terms and conditions (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision will, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of these terms and conditions will not be affected.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act, or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales and all disputes arising under the Agreement (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
Hitachi High-Tech Analytical Science Limited details
- Hitachi High-Tech Analytical Science Limited is a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 10707125 whose registered address is Tubney Woods, Abingdon, Oxfordshire, OX13 5QX and it operates the Website https://hha.hitachi-hightech.com. The registered VAT number is GB268675253.
You can contact Hitachi High-Tech Analytical Science Limited by email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use Of Site
Terms and conditions of website use (“Terms”)
Last Modified: February 17, 2015
Hitachi High-Technology Analytical Science, Inc. (“Hitachi High-Tech”)
Access to and use of this website (http://shop.coatingmeasurementstore.com) (“Website”) is subject to the following Terms, including the choice of law and jurisdiction set out in paragraph 15, and all applicable laws which, by accessing and browsing this Website, you accept without limitation or qualification to the exclusion of any other agreements between you and Hitachi High-Tech with respect to the subject matter hereof. Section headings are provided for reference purposes only and in no way define, limit, construe, or describe the scope or extent of any section.
- Responsibility for Content: While Hitachi High-Tech uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up to date information in this Website, this Website is published "as is" and "as available" without any warranties or representations as to the information, content, or materials contained in it. Hitachi High-Tech assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of this Website. You expressly agree that your use of this Website is at your own risk and imposes no obligation or other liability on Hitachi High-Tech.
- Online Purchases and Other Terms and Conditions: All purchases through this Website or other transactions for the sale of goods formed through this Website or as a result of visits made by you are governed by our Standard Terms and Conditions of Quotation and Sale (shop.coatingmeasurementstore.com/termsandconditions.sc), which are hereby incorporated into these Terms.
- Third-Party Rights: Hitachi High-Tech neither warrants nor represents that use of materials nor any content displayed on this Website will not infringe rights of third parties.
- Exclusions and Limitations of Liability: No liability which may not be excluded or limited by applicable law shall be excluded or limited by these Terms. Use of, browsing in, and reliance on any information contained in this Website are at your own risk. Neither Hitachi High-Tech, or any of its subsidiaries or associated companies, nor any other party involved in creating, producing, or delivering this Website shall be liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, or punitive damages (including without limitation loss of profit, loss of revenue, loss of goodwill, loss of management time, third party liability, business interruption, loss of use of any tangible or intangible asset including data recorded on any computer or other machine, or loss of any anticipated benefit) arising out of your access to, or use of, this Website, save in the case of fraudulent misrepresentation, or death or personal injury caused by the negligence of Hitachi High-Tech or its staff.
Without limiting the foregoing, everything on this Website is provided without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for particular purpose, or non-infringement.
Hitachi High-Tech uses reasonable endeavours to protect this Website from viruses but assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any damage to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment, or other property, including data, on account of your access to, use of, or browsing in the website or your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video, or audio from this Website. Oxford Instruments does not warrant that this Website, its servers or any email sent on its behalf are free from viruses or other harmful components. You are recommended to take all appropriate safeguards before downloading information from this website.
Although reasonable endeavours are used to maintain this Website, Hitachi High-Tech shall not be liable for any losses caused by failure or stoppage of this Website for any reason, including without limitation virus contamination, deliberate damage by hackers, failure of hardware, software, or systems, power failure, failure of telecommunications lines, or any criminal activity of a third party. Hitachi High-Tech may update the content on this Website from time to time, but its content is not necessarily complete or up-to-date. Any of the material on this Website may be out of date at any given time, and Hitachi High-Tech is under no obligation to update such material.
Hitachi High-Tech reserves the right to withdraw or amend this Website, and any service or material provided on it, in its sole discretion without notice. Hitachi High-Tech will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of this Website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- Rights in Content and Trade Marks: Hitachi High-Tech is the proprietor of all logos and trademarks associated with this Website, unless otherwise indicated. Users should assume that copyright in all content of the site is owned by Hitachi High-Tech unless otherwise stated, and may not be used without the prior written permission of Hitachi High-Tech or other relevant proprietor.
- Copying: You may download material displayed on this Website for use in the ordinary and proper course of your business and any such use must be incidental to your normal business or for private or personal purposes provided you maintain the integrity of the material, do not use it in a derogatory or misleading context and retain all copyright and other proprietary notices. You may not, however, without Hitachi High-Tech's written permission: distribute, modify, transmit, re-use, re-post, or use the content (whether text, images, audio, or video) of this Website for public or other commercial purposes; or transfer any material to more than ten hard copies of such material. supply any material in any form to a third party for commercial purposes, whether for a fee or otherwise, or without informing such third party of the conditions which apply to such material and such party's use of such material. You agree that you will not: use any automatic device, or manual process to monitor or copy this Website or any web pages or the content contained herein without Hitachi High-Tech's prior written permission; use any device, software, or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper functioning of this Website; take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our systems; copy, reproduce, alter, modify, create derivative works, or publicly display any content from this Website without the prior expressed written permission of Oxford Instruments and/or the appropriate third party. All other rights are reserved. Without limiting the foregoing, you may not without Hitachi High-Tech's express written permission create a link to this Website other than to or via the home page as published on this Website from time to time.
- Accessing the Website and Account Security:If you choose, or are provided with, a user name, password, or any other piece of information as part of Hitachi High-Tech's security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any other person or entity. You agree to notify Hitachi High-Tech immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your user name or password or any other breach of security. You also agree to ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. It is a condition of your use of this Website that all the information you provide on this Website is correct, current, and complete. You agree that all information you provide to register with this Website or otherwise, is governed by Hitachi High-Tech's Privacy Statement (www.oxford-instruments.com/privacy-statement?src=fn), and you consent to all actions Hitachi High-Tech takes with respect to your information consistent with such Privacy Statement.
Hitachi High-Tech has the right to disable any user name, password, or other identifier, whether chosen by you or provided by Hitachi High-Tech, at any time if, in Hitachi High-Tech's opinion, you have violated any provision of these Terms.
- Data Protection: Any personal data (such as user's name, address, telephone number, or e-mail address) transmitted to the website by electronic mail or otherwise, will be used by Oxford Instruments in accordance with the Privacy Statement referenced above. Any other communication or material transmitted to this Website, such as questions, comments, or suggestions, will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary.
- Enforcement and Termination:We have the right to terminate or suspend your access to all or part of this Website for any violation of these Terms and take any appropriate legal action for any illegal or unauthorized use of this Website.
- Use of Images: Images of people or places displayed on this Website are either the property of, or used with permission by, Hitachi High-Tech. You may not use or permit anyone else to use these images unless specifically permitted by these Terms or unless specific permission is provided elsewhere on this Website.
- Licence to Use Content: The trademarks and logos (collectively the "trademarks") displayed on this Website are registered and unregistered trademarks of Hitachi High-Tech or its affiliates and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws. Nothing contained on this Website should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trade marks displayed on this Website without the written permission of Hitachi High-Tech or any third party owner of such trademarks. Use of the trade marks, or of any other content on this Website, except as provided in these Terms, is strictly prohibited.
- Links to Other Sites: Certain hypertext links in this Website may lead to websites that are not under the control of Hitachi High-Tech. Such links are for the convenience of users only and Hitachi High-Tech does not endorse any content of any websites linked to this Website and gives no representation or warranty (express or implied) as to the information on such sites. Hitachi High-Tech is not responsible for the nature or the content or the privacy policies of any off-site pages or any other websites linked to this Website.
Linking to this Website, off-site pages, or other websites and in particular downloading computer programs from certain websites, may infringe copyright or introduce computer viruses into the user's own system and is at the user's own risk. Your attention is drawn to the prohibition on creating links to this Website other than to or via the home page, in paragraph 6 above.
- Breach of Terms: You agree to release, indemnify, and hold Hitachi High-Tech and its contractors, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, shareholders, and employees harmless from any claim, liability, damage, cost, expense, or demand, including reasonable lawyers' fees and expenses, made by any third party relating to or arising out of your breach of these Terms or to any documents they specifically incorporate, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
- Updates to Terms: Hitachi High-Tech may at any time revise these Terms by updating this posting. Users are bound by any such revisions and should therefore periodically visit this page to review the then current Terms to which they are bound.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction: All matters relating to this Website and these Terms and any dispute or claim arising therefrom or related thereto (in each case, including non-contractual disputes or claims), shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Massachusetts. Any dispute or claim arising out of, or related to, these Terms or this Website shall be instituted exclusively in the federal courts of the United States or the courts of the State of Massachusetts although we retain the right to bring any proceedings against you in your country of residence or any other relevant country. You waive any and all objections to the exercise of jurisdiction over you by such courts and to venue in such courts.
- Waiver and Severability: If any provision of this Terms is found by any court or administrative body of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, that invalidity or unenforceability will not affect the other provisions of these Terms which will remain in full force and effect.
No waiver by Hitachi High-Tech of any term or condition set forth in these Terms shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or condition or a waiver of any other term or condition, and any failure of Hitachi High-Tech to assert a right or provision under these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
This Website is operated by Hitachi High-Technology Analytical Science Americas, Inc. Any feedback, comments, requests for technical support, and other communications relating to this Website should be directed to: ConcordContactsIA@oxinst.com
Thank you for visiting this Website.
This website is brought to you by Hitachi High-Tech and its subsidiaries (“we” or “us”). We take the privacy of our website users very seriously. By using our website services, you acknowledge that you have read the terms of this Privacy Statement and you agree to our use of your personal data for the purposes set out below.
For the purposes of the UK Data Protection Act 1998, we are responsible for, and control the processing of, your personal data (known as “data controllers”).
Personal data we may collect about you
We may obtain personal data about you (such as your name, company name, address, telephone number, email address, and payment details) when, for example, you contact us for any reason, fill out a form, sign up to a service, subscribe to our newsletter, register for an event, enter a competition, or purchase goods or services. We may also obtain sensitive personal data about you if you volunteer it during the completion of an online form. If you volunteer such information, you will be consenting to our processing it for the purpose given.
Occasionally, we may receive information about you from other sources (such as credit reference agencies), which we will add to the information we already hold about you in order to help us supply goods and services to you.
How we use your personal data
We will use your personal data for the purposes described to you at the time your data is obtained. These purposes include: identifying you and any accounts you hold with us; administration; research, statistical analysis, and behavioural analysis; improving our products and services; customer profiling and analysing your purchasing preferences; marketing — see 'Marketing and opting out,' below; preventing and detecting fraud; billing and order fulfilment; credit scoring and credit checking — see 'Credit checking,' below; customising this website and its content to your particular preferences; notifying you of any changes to this website or to our services that may affect you; and security vetting.
Marketing and opting out
If you have given permission to receive marketing information from us, we may share your personal data with organisations who are our business partners and we or they may contact you (unless you have asked us or them not to do so) by mail, telephone, or email about our products, services, promotions, special offers, or events that may be of interest to you. If you prefer not to receive any further direct marketing communications from us or our business partners, you can opt-out at any time. See further 'Your rights,' below.
Disclosure of your personal data
We may disclose your personal data to: other companies within our group; our agents, distributors, representatives, partners, suppliers, and service providers (who may be located outside of the European Economic Area); credit reference agents — see 'Credit checking,' below; law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity; and our business partners in accordance with the 'Marketing and opting out' section above.
Keeping your data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data.
In particular, we: store your personal data on secure servers; use encrypted firewalls; encrypt payment details using SSL technology on certain of our websites that sell products and services online; restrict access to personal information to those who need to know that information in order to process it for us and who are subject to contractual confidentiality obligations; and require our employees to adhere to our data protection policy and our security policy.
While we will use commercially reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason, we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data transferred from you or to you via the internet.
We may monitor and record communications with you (such as telephone conversations and emails) for the purpose of quality assurance, training, fraud prevention, and compliance.
To enable us and other companies in our group to make credit decisions about you and the organisation(s) you work for, and for fraud prevention and money laundering purposes, we may search the files of credit reference and fraud prevention agencies (who will record the search). We may disclose information about how you conduct your account to such agencies. Other credit grantors may use this information to make credit decisions about you and the organisations with whom you are financially associated, as well as for fraud prevention, debtor tracing, and money laundering purposes. If you provide false or inaccurate information and we suspect fraud, we will record this.
Information about other individuals
If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can: give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his/her personal data; receive on his/her behalf any data protection notices; and give consent to the processing and transfer of his/her personal data abroad.
Transfers of data out of the EEA
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored or processed at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing, or processing. For example, we may use servers, website hosting partners, suppliers, agents, distributors, and representatives and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, who may be located outside the EEA.
You have the right to request access to personal data that we may process about you. If you wish to exercise this right, you should: put your request in writing; include proof of your identity and address (for example, a copy of your driving licence or passport, and a recent utility or credit card bill); and specify the personal data you want access to, including any account or reference numbers where applicable.
We reserve the right to charge you a small fee for this (currently £10). Please note that we may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate effort (for example, developing a new system, locating information residing on backup media or fundamentally changing an existing practice) or risk the privacy of others.
You have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in your data, free of charge (except where this requires disproportionate effort). If you wish to exercise this right, you should: put your request in writing; provide us with enough information to identify you; and specify the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with.
You also have the right to ask us to stop processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. If you wish to exercise this right, you should: email us at email@example.com with a header that says 'Unsubscribe' or click the appropriate link in an email you have received from us; provide us with enough information to identify you; and if your objection is not to direct marketing in general but to direct marketing by a particular channel (for example, email, mail, or telephone) or from a particular Oxford Instruments business unit, please specify the channel or business unit you are objecting to.
If you receive emails from different product lines sold by different Hitachi High-Tech's business units, please use the opt-out functionality in each email to be sure you are unsubscribed from all.
Our contact details
We welcome your feedback and questions. If you wish to contact us, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can write to us at Attention: Group Data Protection Officer, Tubney Woods, Abingdon, Oxon OX13 5QX, UK.
We may change this Privacy Statement from time to time. You should check this Privacy Statement occasionally to ensure you are aware of the most recent version that will apply each time you access this website.